Support Coordination is an NDIS funded support that is designed to assist participants to optimise their NDIS funds and to achieve the goals stated in their plan.
There are three different types of Support Coordination:
- Support Connection – This support is designed to increase your capacity to connect with informal, community, and funded supports;
- Support Coordination – Coordination of Supports: This support focuses on building the skills you require to understand and to implement your plan. A Support Coordinator will work closely with you to select service providers that can deliver the supports best suited to your individual needs and requirements. The Support Coordinator will help you to build the capacity to maintain relationships with service providers, increase your independence and to manage service delivery tasks; and
- Specialist Support Coordination – For participants requiring higher-level support, a Specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in a complex environment and will ensure consistent delivery of service.
Obtaining Support Coordination Funding
When meeting with your NDIS planner, be sure to state that you require Support Coordination based on your specific needs and goals. Approximately 33% of participants get Support Coordination approved in their plan. Support Coordination is a Capacity Building support.
Finding a Support Coordinator
If you are successful in receiving funding for Support Coordination in your plan, you can search for a Support Coordinator on the NDIS website, or alternatively, your Local Area Coordinator (LAC), or Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Partner can assist you.
Why Choose Auscare Support?
From day one, the mission statement of Auscare Support has been to ‘empower great futures for our clients and their families.’
Each day, our team of Support Coordinators take a proactive, responsive and outcome-focused approach to meet the high standards we set for service delivery.
Our team are not focused on meeting KPI’s, in fact, the number of clients they provide services to is carefully managed to ensure that their focus remains entirely on their clients.
Our team of Support Coordinators will:
- Give you control over the supports you receive and when and how you receive them
- Explore all the support possibilities available to find the right provider for you
- Connect you with supports and therapies best suited to your individual wants and needs
- Guide you through the NDIS maze
- Negotiate with support providers to maximise the use of your NDIS funding
- Use their local knowledge and extensive understanding of the complexities of the NDIS to help you maximise the goals and outcomes of your NDIS plan
At Auscare Support, we take the time to understand your NDIS Plan, your needs, and your goals. To learn more about our Support Coordination services, please call 1800 940 515.
For more information about Support Coordination funding types, please visit the NDIS website.